It's Time To Think Of Other Things

What Should I Do?
By Mary J Williams ©

Lacy had to go outside
So, I went out too
The sun is shining brightly
Inside there is lots to do

I don’t care, I’m standing here
Soaking up some sun
All the weather lately
Has really been no fun

As I was looking out
At the lay of the land
An idea came to me
I think I have a plan

The deck is rotting out
Been there over 30 years
Time for a change, I think
Maybe too much money, I fear

I thought about a small, raised bed
Line it with concrete blocks
I wonder if I should use them
Or maybe some pretty rocks

Grabbed the pooper scooper
Taking care of dog poo
Not a job I like
But something you have to do

Talked to the neighbor a minute
We are both hanging in there
Hope his Mary heals well
Jim too, I always ask in prayer

Then into the house
Folded some clothes
Made some plant water
These were the chores I chose

No vacuuming for me
No dusting either
Rather pick up dog poo
Gives me a breather

Back in the house
Coffee is on the menu
Will have to feed the dogs
Then time to cook, I bet you knew!

Re-do this area with possible raised bed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME