Mocking Bird

The Northern Mockingbird
By Mary J Williams ©

I have heard you
Singing your song
But when I go on the deck
You are always gone

Where are you
Way up in the trees
I can’t find you at all
It is never easy

Saw a bird perching
When I went on the deck
On the fence post
I couldn’t ID it, by heck

Went inside the house
Grabbed my camera from inside
Hoping the bird was still there
And didn’t fly off and hide

It was still on the fence post
Zoomed in to see
An Eastern Bluebird
He turned and looked at me

I got a couple of pictures
And then he flew away
I heard the song of the Mockingbird
Coming my way

Looked over to the left
And there he was
On the neighbor’s birdhouse pole
Singing, that’s what he does

After a couple of pictures
He flew away
I figure I would see him
On another day

I was thrilled to see him
I love to hear him sing
They have so many songs
Songs to the heart he brings

10-14-2024

They are around the house a lot

The Northern Mockingbird 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME