It’s Really Over This Time! By Mary J Williams © That’s it, I’m done! Waking up to this Is no fun! Empty flower box On the deck floor Pieces of something Broken and more Looked around What did I see? Broken solar light They have also broken me Not putting out more seed Except what I brought in the house I can’t take any more Now, you can think me a louse Have gone through Six jars of jelly Not the orioles Sparrows think it’s their deli I have the occasional Cardinal A couple of Blue Jays too But mostly Grackles and Starlings The Sparrows, way over a few! I can’t have the flowers That I’ve had for years The new generation of birds Are the greediest, I fear Used to not having To look for anything Having it laid out So, they just waited like kings Well, now they have to work for the seed I have bugs, insects, beetles and more They can take pride in the yard Maybe, again, I will adore That goes for the squirrels And those raccoons too Go somewhere else Or you could end up as stew! Grackles...
Popular posts from this blog
The Squirrel Eats Everything!
At My Kitchen Sink By Mary J Williams © Standing at my kitchen sink Trying to fix supper I look out and see a squirrel And then I start to sputter I can’t believe it It can’t be true The squirrel eating My Christmas cactus I grew He is holding a piece I can see him eating I run to get my camera Proof is what I will be needing There I have a picture I just can’t believe it Eating Christmas Cactus I wish the heck he’d quit Now I’m watching Bluebirds In the birdbath, bathing It is a Juvenile It really is amazing Then the one starts to preen On his chest, tail feathers and wings All of that then flies down again Into the water he flings Wait, the squirrel is back Rose Moss flowers to eat No wonder I don’t have flowers The rose moss is his next treat I can’t believe all that is going on I see an orange bird across from me No picture, as he flew Just as soon as I could see Juvenile Bluebirds Three of them I see I am out on the deck now The neighbor’s feeder across from me One more bird to ad...
Rain and Words
The Names Of Things I Smell By Mary J Williams© You know that smell Right after some rain I learned today It has a name The name for that smell Is Petrichor Learned the pronunciation On Google, for sure Thanks to a Facebook friend Who taught me this word Siobhan was the one I will teach her about birds I also know a little about plants So maybe I can teach a few I am still learning some There are so many I view Freshly turned earth It has a name too The scientific name of Geosmin, Okay, now I am through This is your lesson today Learning two new words I think I will stick To names of the birds Raining after a dry spell- Petrichor May 5, 2023
Wow, Mary haven't seen a pumpkin do that....
ReplyDeleteCynodon dactylon is a popular choice for lawns in the hotter regions of the West for very good reasons. It loves heat, it’s remarkably resistant to wear and tear, and, as turf goes. guide: How to Use a Weed Killer Most Effectively?
ReplyDelete