Talking To The Crow

 

Standing On The Deck
By Mary J Williams ©

Outside on the deck
Checking the water for birds
Making sure plants are okay
And then a caw I heard

A crow was talking loudly
Over and over again
I decided to answer
And said hello to him

He cawed back
Again, I said hi
Asked him what was wrong
He cawed his reply

I didn’t understand
Crow talk is not my thing
Although I told him to come to me
An answer it did bring

Many caws are sounding
He is telling me something I know
What he is saying
I think I need to learn crow

Ah, what is that movement
Chipmunks running around
Over there on the deck
Two there on the ground

Now I hear the crow again
He sounds closer to me
I think he is coming
I hope I can see

Overhead he flys
I said stop right here
He ignored me, he did
Flew over, no more is he near

The chipmunks are gone too
They found a hole under the deck
Guess I will go inside too
The show is over, nothing more to check                                          7-20-2024




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME