Safflower Seed Myth

The Safflower Seed Myth
By Mary J Williams

I know those squirrels aren’t hungry
I have seed everywhere
I have a fake corn suet
They think their starving, I swear!

The story is they won’t eat Safflower seed
That is what I have heard
I even looked it up
Making sure that was the word

I am looking out my window
There is a squirrel sucking seed
Through the little drain holes
Eating with the greatest of speed

What’s in that feeder?
Do you need to ask?
The hated Safflower seeds
Eating is quite the task!

I told him he isn’t supposed to like it
But he is eating anyway
So, I ran him off
I can’t keep him at bay

He will be back
I am sure of that
The other seed is hot
He thinks I’m a dirty rat!

Hot suet and Hot seed
He hasn’t found the one
Especially bought for them
Corn stalk of suet purchased for fun

So, little squirrel, look around the place
You might find something you will eat
Not that awful Safflower seed
But another kind of treat!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME