Turkey Vulture

The Turkey Vulture
By Mary J Williams ©

They are not my favorite bird
But soar high above my head
I see them flying high
Looking for something dead

These birds even have a smell
For over a mile away
You should be glad they do
They keep nasty bugs at bay

Vultures are even protected
From all the hunters out there
For research, special permits required
Doesn’t happen often, I swear!

Now you know about the Turkey Vulture
Flying in the sky
Catching the thermals
Floating way up high.

When it had been raining
To a pole they came near me
Spreading the wings to dry
I grabbed my camera, as I could see

Pictures of drying the wings
They were all flared out
I was thrilled to get the pictures
Doesn’t happen often, I have no doubt!
 
 


March 30, 2022  11:34 A.M. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME