"Ahem" the poem of Groundhogs

 “Ahem”

By Mary J Williams ©

Going to put water in the birdbath
But the water is awful hot
Sun shining on the hose all day
Use it that way, I’d better not

Leaned over the edge of the banister
Running the water from the hose
Looked to my right at a movement
A Groundhog, heaven knows

Put down the hose and entered the house
Walked to the back room
Grabbed up my camera
I have a good zoom

I didn’t make it outside just then
Hubby spilled his Pills
Right into my cup of hot coffee
Cleaned up first, that I will

Then back out the door
Looked over the side
There was the Groundhog
He didn’t even hide

I took a quick picture
And then realized there were two
Took a couple of more
On clover they both do chew

I watched for a bit
The bigger one disappeared
Buried in the bushes
Along side the fence it appears

The darker one is still chewing
I made the “Ahem” sound
Cleared my voice quite loud
And that Groundhog was backyard bound

Took off on the run
Down the side yard
To the back woods
My sound she did not disregard!

Maybe Mr. 

Then there were two

Her coat a tad darker and redder

I thought she saw me

Just before I went "Ahem"!

 


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME