My Dog Lacy and Paper

The Paper Bag Envelope
By Mary J Williams

I have a little dog
Lacy is her name
She does some crazy things
That’s her claim to fame

One of the things
That my Lacy does
Is find some paper
Something she loves

I received some mail
From Amazon Prime
A paper bag envelope
So large it's almost a crime

This great huge envelope
18x14 was the measurement
To hold another envelope
About 4x4, so, the item wouldn’t get bent

Inside the smaller envelope
Were two small plastic cases
Holding the sim card trays
One, the missing one replaces

I was going to use the largest one
To send something in the mail
But that didn’t work out
The items were too frail

I laid the envelope
Down upon the floor
Lacy came along
Laid on top and begin to snore

I looked down right near my chair
Started to laugh out loud
Dear little Lacy loves laying on paper
She makes her mama proud

One time it was photos
I was sorting through
She came in laid on them
A couple she even chewed

Now you know more about Lacy
She is a funny thing
But I wouldn’t trade her
Because of all the laughter she brings
Lacy on the folded paper envelope
This is what that huge bag had inside 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME