Leaves, Leaves, Leaves

Dance of the Leaves
By Mary J Williams ©

I stand outside
The wind is blowing
The leaves are in the air
They don’t know where they’re going

Some are flying
around and around
not really knowing
where they are bound

Some from the South
Are blowing to the North
And yet some from the
West are blowing back and forth

Take your blower out
Blow the leaves off the yard
It doesn't take long
It’s not really hard

Go inside the house
And just sit a spell
Look back outside
More leaves there will dwell

It’s a useless job right now
The leaves will just return
They like our yards
When will we ever learn

All the leaves I blew today
Are right back there and more
Leaves love living
Just outside my door

Let the leaves blow
In the wind, let them play
It’s fun to watch them
That’s what I say




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME