The Wasps and I are Done!

The Wasps and I are Done
By Mary J Williams ©

Okay, that’s it
I am finally done
Feeding the wasps
Is no longer fun

I was being sweet
And cut up some grapes
I threw them in the flower box
Didn’t think about it till too late

I upset a couple of wasps
Flew at me as I was standing there
One landed on my shirt
I thought one was in my hair

I shooed away the one
That was on my shirt
He flew onto my arm
If it stings, it’s going to hurt

I moved towards the door
Thought the wasp flew away
I went inside my house
The wasp came in to stay

Oh no you don’t
You aren’t welcome inside
I got my dishcloth
Whipped it out, I tried

Realized he didn’t leave
My swipe at him did no good
He was there between
The glass and the screen

Got him down at the bottom
Opened the door wide
Did another flip with the cloth
“Be Gone”, I cried!

Now my skin is crawling
I feel like they are all over me
That’s the end of the feeding
Live or die, what will be, will be!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME