Spring-Favorite Time of the Year

It Is Spring
By Mary J Williams ©

Sitting at my computer
Window open, the breeze blowing in
The smell of Golden Currant
I just have to grin

Spring has arrived
My Redbud is almost in bloom
Supposed to get cold tonight
Hope it’s not too soon

The flowering crab in the back
A few blooms I see
Hope the cold the next few nights
Doesn’t bother the tree

Some of my daffodils
Are already done
But I have more blooming
And that’s so much fun

There are tulips now too
Not very many
I think the Chipmunk
Had eaten plenty

Used to have a row full
Now it’s just one or two
Beneath my bay window
The bulbs they do chew

Just like the seeds
I planted in the pots
The squirrels jumped in
And they dug up lots

I may have some survive
Hopefully some lettuce for me
If the squirrel quits digging
We will just have to see!

I still love the Spring
It’s renewal, it’s birth
That is the time
We get to play in the dirt
Golden Currant
Redbud Tree flowers 




Flowering Crab blooms




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME