It's still about the yard

Today Was Another Day
By Mary J Williams ©

Today was another day
Digging all by hand
Pulling up all that sod
For a plan, oh, so, grand

But..I am a little old
79 to be exact
Sitting down and digging
Is hard and that’s a fact

Derrick has been helping
If he couldn’t, I would cry
It would be a year for me
I say with a great big sigh

Even with Derrick’s help
It’s still taking some time
It’s hard work digging up sod
Not to mention all the grime

Chris helped out today
Brought the truck over to me
Picked me up to go to Menard’s
Compost and mulch, at a little fee

Seven bags of one
Twenty bags of the other
Unloaded at the house
Hopefully won’t need another

Going to till that compost in
Then the mulch will go down
Still want a new path from the drive
How? I say with a frown

I found out there are five trees
I have that need planted
They are in pots by the drive
There for a long time, granted

Last year at Arbor Day
I swear I had their names
Looked today and had to laugh
Peppers was the claim

Oops, that’s not right
A Poblano you are not
May be a surprise 
To see what I had bought
What is left to do

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME