And Then There Was Three

The Savior of Three
By Mary J Williams ©

I let the dogs out
And there was another
Laying in the cage guard
It wasn’t the others mother

It was really kind of small
Another sparrow for sure
Why are they getting caught
What would be the cure

Don’t put more seed out
Is the only thing I can think of
Then they won’t fight
And push and shove

I think that is what happens
They are all a little bit greedy
Everyone wants the most
Some are really speedy

This little one didn’t stand a chance
A smaller one for sure
Its whole body was caught
The trampling it couldn’t endure

I am out to the rescue
Unclenched the little feet
Pulled him through the cage
In my hands was kind of neat

Got him pulled out backwards
If you can believe such a thing
I laid him in the flowers
And off he flew on the wing

I am not looking out the window
At least no more tonight
I sure hope another doesn’t get caught
Death would be its plight

8-21-2023

this isn't the feeder
but sparrows at the seed
arguing all the time
while they sit there and feed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME