Another Saved

Two In One Day
By Mary J Williams ©

I don’t believe it
At the kitchen sink
Just going to eat supper
And what do you think?

There was a sparrow
Hanging upside down
Hanging from the squirrel guard
Now what? I say with a frown

I go out on the deck
All the sparrows that were bathing
Took off for parts unknown
Leaving their buddy hanging

The guard is screwed together
Up at the top is a small space
The sparrow got his foot caught
And it slid to the smaller place

Put my hand around the bird
Trying to keep him steady
I took the little foot
And asked it if it was ready

I pulled the guard for more space
Then worked the foot to the top
I slid the foot out it’s free
The bird I set in the flower pot

The second it hit the flowers
The bird took off in flight
I guess he is okay
Just had a very big fright

This better not happen again
Lucky, it might not be
I may not be around
To be the savior of three

No new picture for this one
An old one will do
No time to grab a camera
Just time to save the two

8-21-2023

The old picture this bird was hanging on the other side 
about where the other bird is and the bolt


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME