I Saved That Sparrow

I was a Savior
By Mary J Williams ©

I glanced out my window
Saw the birds at the feeder
Looked out again
Don’t think that one is a leader!

Hanging upside down
What is wrong with that bird
Went to get the camera
It looks really absurd!

Still hanging in there
So, a couple of pictures I took
Now out on the deck
To get a closer look

The bird didn’t fly
When I got really close
He fluttered his wings
Told him to settle-here goes

One hand was by his head
Other hand moving to his foot
I gently moved it a little
Trying to get him unhooked

Slid it down a bit
To the wider part
The sparrow knew he was free
Flew off like a dart

I was a savior today
It was a small feat
But I saved that little sparrow
That was hanging in the heat

8-21-2023

As seen from my kitchen window

Poor little sparrow's foot is caught

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME