My Birds Are Back

 About ten days ago, I quit feeding the birds on the deck. Had to get the deck power washed, dried out and then a sealer applied.  It's been well over a year since the deck was built and I was tired of waiting on the guy who built it.  My son, Chris, took the task on with the help of his son. Every thing was removed from the deck. The railings, floor and the spindles have since been sprayed with the sealer. Dried for a couple of days and yesterday, grandson brought all the things back that were on the deck. Missed a couple of items, but I took care of them today, along with filling the feeders and the birdbath.

Of course, I wrote a poem!

Finally, the Birds are Back
By Mary J Williams ©

This morning the seed is back
Where is the Chickadee?
The water is on the deck now
But no birds do I see

I did work on the seed
Had to get rid of mixed nuts
They were wet and moldy
Aren’t fit for birds, no buts!

I watched out the window
At my kitchen sink
Making soup for supper
No birds, don’t know what to think

Finally, around 2:30 p.m.
Sparrows came to take a swim
No Chickadee have I seen
Hoping they return or I will be grim

Just before 3, I’m looking out the window
I see the Chickadee at the seed
Welcome home my little friend
I’m so glad you came to feed

The lower posts of the deck
Still have to be sealed
But the birdseed and water
Won’t hurt them, they are partially concealed

So happy they are back
Really missed seeing my birds
I didn’t realize how much
I really don’t have the words

Happy tears are in my eyes
Silly, you think, I don’t care
I really love watching those birds
Not having them here I couldn’t bare

                                                                                                                                    10-8-2023





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME