All About Rosebud's Hair

Rosebud’s Hair
By Mary J Williams ©

Is used to be a daily thing
When walking across the floor
My shoes picked up dog hair
But not as much any more

Rosebud was part Corgi
The sheddingest dog around
When she walked
Her hair fell to the ground

I don’t mean just one or two
I’m talking about a lot
Always wondered why
She wasn’t bald with all that dropped

I have a black desk mat
That that lays under my chair
Every day at least 3 times
I vacuumed hair that landed there

I carried a lot of the hair
On the bottoms of my shoes
Jim’s walker’s wheels
Collected a lot too

Rosebud passed away
It’s only been six days
The hair usually under my feet
Where, magically, no more lays

I miss my dog so much
I don’t miss all the hair
Feel so bad about that
It’s not so very fair

I am judging myself
Feel bad that I am glad
Not missing all that hair
Does that mean I am bad?

Just know one thing
Rosebud was a friend
I really am going to miss her 
Just not all her hair in the end!
2022

2022


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME