I'm Worn Out!

It’s Nice Outside
By Mary J Williams ©

I thought about the birds
Stepped outside the door
The sun was shining brightly
Which I just adore!

I knew I had washing
So went down the stairs
Transferred wash to the dryer
I know you don’t care!

I looked at the floor
I need to sweep just a bit
Went to get the broom
My brain did a flip

Feed the birds first
Seeing as they have none
They need some food
Get that chore done

The can that holds
All the sunflower seed
The bungee cord is broken
A squirrel probably did the deed

The cord held the lid down
This has happened before
Racoons and squirrels chew it
Not going to get the lid off no more

I finally found one in the basement
That would fit like the old one
Now that the birds are fed
I found another thing to get done

Blew the leaves out of the garage
Out from the corner of the door
Blew them across the driveway
Where I will let them store

Pick them up in spring
After the birds dig through them
Finding all the bugs, worms, and insects
Among the rotting stems

Back into the garage I went
To finish the other chore
Sweeping up dirt and dog hair
Get it off the floor.

I forgot there is one pumpkin
Left from last October
Still in one piece
No rotting and no odor

Picked up my huge knife
Cut that little guy, I cheer
Took it to the back fence
Threw it out for the deer

By the time I did all that
The dryer already stopped
Pulled out the clothes
The clothes in the washer swapped

Turned the dryer on
Folded the dried clothes
Finally, up the stairs
This old lady goes

Figured something out for dinner
The dogs are whining for theirs
I am writing a poem
So, they are waiting by my chair                                                             2-1-2024

                        


 
  Birdfeeders in back                                               the leaves blown up in a pile


   
Broom and dustpan


Lacy looking for dirt






 
Waiting on dryer now

Pumpkins for critters


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME