My Shadow
By Mary J Williams ©

I have a shadow
That follows me around
It has four legs
And to me she is bound

When her buddy died
I took her place
Wherever I go
This shadow keeps pace

I walk to the bathroom
And she lays outside the door
Doesn’t come in often
Mostly she sleeps and snores

Going to the kitchen
She looks over her shoulder
Making sure I’m still coming
Imaginary leash holder

I feel sad for her
She misses her friend
She even smells the ground
Wonder when this will end.

Her scent is still around
My shadow knows she’s there
Even though the floors
Don’t have as much of her hair

If you haven’t guessed
My shadow that follows me
Is my other dog Lacy
No matter where I go, she is what I see

I love this little shadow
I am happy she is around
Hope for a long time
We will always be bound.
Lacy- my little shadow


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME