Been Awhile since I Wrote



It’s Been Awhile
By Mary J Williams ©

No poems lately
What can I say
Not even a story
Has come your way

It’s that time of year
Gardening takes up time
Plus, there are good movies
I watch on Prime

I have had critters galore
I put out oranges and jelly
For the Orioles that stop by
Squirrels ate it all filling up their bellies

Put safflower seed out too
Squirrels aren’t supposed to like it
Guess they didn’t read that info
As they ate it all, not just a little bit

Moles were tunneling everywhere
Cicadas were making their noise
Chipmunks running all over
And Deer eating my rose

Made a new spot
In the front yard, you see
So, I could plant daylilies
For everyone and me

I even have crocheted
Baby blankets given away
I love doing that
I don’t make them pay

I have cooked different things
To try and tempt Jim
However, he doesn’t eat it
Sometimes no pleasing him

My flowers are looking great
Have pollinators about
Butterflies and bees
I’m doing good, I have no doubt       6-20-2024

Chipmunk

Ground Hog

Box Turtle

White-tailed deer (Doe)

House Wren




Squirrel on Saffflower seed

Great Spangled Fritillary
Cicadas 



                                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rosebud- Our Family Dog

I'm Worn Out!

Winter-Yard Gardens Birds Critters and ME